Foundational and absolute
- A good or godly man with a kind manner.
- A strong and enduring marriage.
- Compatible theology and stances on most important particular issues Very high priorities
- A good Bible teacher and student of the Word.
- Someone who loves the people of the church and seeks to care for them —personally and as an organized church.
- One who prays for and cares for the church to grow by reaching the unchurched.
- One who supports and educates people about global missions, as well as local outreach.
Continue reading “What are we looking for in a pastor?”
1:1,2. Introduction to the book and Peter’s life and the great change he
1:3-9. Salvation Continue reading “I Peter in Sermons: Christian Living Like a Rock! In 20 sermons”
To build teamwork, communicate, renew vision, trust our Lord
together, be reminded, and have fun
Regularity: Weekly when possible
Leader: Senior or lead pastor or someone he designates
Presuppositions or hopes: Continue reading “Pastoral Staff Meetings”
To support a “soccer field” model for the board and staff
…Let us not make policies just to make them!
… Many of them have already been formed by practice! How have you formed the budget in the past? If it worked well, describe it simply and adopt it as a policy. Continue reading “Policies for a Church – sample”
Personal characteristics that are obvious
- Godliness, strongly united with and committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Strong and vibrant marriage (if married) as a “one woman” man.
- Faithful attender and servant in the worship and ministry life of the church.
- Supportive of the general direction and senior leadership of the church.
- Willing to give protective and loving oversight of the church ministries and to serve as a team with the other members of this board, not ever seeking to lead or make changes as an individual.
- Known for the fruit (evidences) of the Holy Spirit.
Continue reading “Portrait of a prospective member of the church board of oversight”
Preaching/teaching is God’s idea. ‘How are they to hear without someone preaching?” God has Paul ask, in Romans 10:14. We believe we chose this because He wants us to do this! Continue reading “Preaching can be…”
Brief thoughts on how the church can have protection and strong guidance and pastoral ministry…with unity and spiritual health
The Lordship of Jesus Christ and His Word
The Word of the Lord as given by the prophets and for these last days by the eternal Son is clear and leads us, when we obey, to godliness and church as God intended. Continue reading “Overview: The Government of the Local Church”
… Preach the Word. Nothing has changed there.
… Talk about the crisis. It is on everyone’s minds. Some I saw avoided the very cause of all this. Probably in any text one point or at least an application could be directed to this present crisis, at least a little. Continue reading “When you speak to a camera instead of a room full of people”
By __________________ Sermon: __________________________
A Excellent, totally meets the goad
B Good, clear and on target
C Okay, acceptable Continue reading “Sermon Evaluation”