1:1,2. Introduction to the book and Peter’s life and the great change he
1:3-9. Salvation Continue reading “I Peter in Sermons: Christian Living Like a Rock! In 20 sermons”
Preaching/teaching is God’s idea. ‘How are they to hear without someone preaching?” God has Paul ask, in Romans 10:14. We believe we chose this because He wants us to do this! Continue reading “Preaching can be…”
… Preach the Word. Nothing has changed there.
… Talk about the crisis. It is on everyone’s minds. Some I saw avoided the very cause of all this. Probably in any text one point or at least an application could be directed to this present crisis, at least a little. Continue reading “When you speak to a camera instead of a room full of people”
By __________________ Sermon: __________________________
A Excellent, totally meets the goad
B Good, clear and on target
C Okay, acceptable Continue reading “Sermon Evaluation”
The grand teacher of homiletics, Haddon Robinson, always taught that you should plan your sermon by (make-believe or real) sitting around a table with a 14-year-old, a widow, a divorced person, married couple, young person, and an older retired person. I think he said five or six people. Continue reading “Preparing a worship service and sermon with people in mind and heart!”
- Do the staff and the lead volunteers really understand the purpose and the high importance of the worship assembly-service? Do they attend and participate?
Continue reading “Sincere Questions About A Worship Service That May Sound Cynical At Times”
The Worship Services Download
There is room for a lot of variety,
but also for careful wisdom and reverence.
- It is the main billboard for the church.
- Worship is commanded for everyone and modeled for groups.
- With the sermon, the service should be the highest priority for the pastor.
- The mood and ingredients will determine the favor with people; our hearts will determine the favor with God.
- Some parts of the service are prescribed or exemplified: Continue reading “The Worship Services – Variety”
It is a main purpose of Bible teaching –
see II Timothy 3:16.
Before the lesson, and in general, personal
- Embrace the Bible as the revealed word and truth of God. This brings high respect and trust as you prepare.
- Decide that your purpose is to explain the one meaning of the text, what God meant when He had it written. There may be several applications, but only one meaning.
- With the help of the Spirit, be sure your own heart is clean to teach more effectively.
- Know the sinfulness of the human heart. People really need what you are going to teach if it is God’s word.
- Pray regularly for help to see and teach the real meaning of the Scriptures, and that God’s Spirit and truth will change lives.
Continue reading “How To Teach For Life Change”