Why a large church like yours
should help pastors and churches in the area
We’re talking about resources for pastors, advice from staff members, use of facilities at times, encouragement in practical issues, seminars for the pastoral leaders.
- Because of the Golden Rule – if you were in that small church a few miles away, you would love it if someone offered a resources or a speaker you would never get to hear, or significant help for a specific ministry like children or finances – strategies for budget.
- The mandate to love and help others – it’s all through the Bible, and it doesn’t specifically say that big churches should help smaller churches this way but it isn’t hard to go that way with the application.
- Most churches get inadequate support from their denominations or fellowship of churches. Administrators are so busy with all kinds of other organizational details, that there are only a few times they can sit down with a pastor to help with strategy or particulars.
- National information is there, in quantity galore, but a local church can be a friend in flesh and blood, with love and reasoning, and even good advice and application.
- There is only one kingdom, and we’re on that team. And the strong should help the weak. And we just simply have to admit we are strong and rich in many ways. Every large church has so many resources and experts on staff and abilities to bring in good speakers and teachers.