The four major divisions – with a point person for each.
Staff may work in all four areas! Surely most will have an assignment in program and probably one in outreach.
Each ministry should have a “point person” on staff and a Ministry Manager, a volunteer, for each program under that. Continue reading “Church Ministries”
Love in the church, as led by staff
We all know it is “the greatest,” and that love covers a multitude of mistakes; but also that it is not easy.
Love is righteous action to meet the needs of another,
“The greatest of these is …”
This is the way God said it –true also for the church. No debate, Continue reading “Love In The Church”
Basic Ingredients for Strong Staff Teams—
as picked up over the years
by talking to many senior pastors and staff members
You decide, but this is more than friends operating together.
A. The senior or lead pastor
1. Both the senior pastor and the person reporting have a discipleship group of either all men or all women, depending on which one they are! J Continue reading “Basic Ingredients for Strong Staff Teams”
HOW TO FIND GOOD STAFF Downlaod
- Networking with other pastors in large churches.
- Always looking and mixing at district and national conference. Write down names when meet a vibrant church staff person even when you do not need one.
- Not going to placement services (too many names).
- Not talking to senior pastors who are not doing well but think they would do well on a staff.
Continue reading “HOW TO FIND GOOD STAFF”
For the pastor and the main board of the church
The pastor shall be the spiritual and ministries leader of the church, responsible for the worship services, programs, ministries, and staff of the church.
He shall serve as ex-officio member of the Church Board and all committees of the church. Continue reading “Recommendation for Constitution”
These are guideline questions based on scripture verses, for DAG groups of 3 to 7 men or 3 to 7 women. They are about either the church or character.
True discipleship involves TLC –Time together, Love, and Content of the scripture that meets the heart.
Continue reading “Discipleship Accountability Group (DAG)”
Our pastor teaches well and works hard at both sermons and lessons. 1-7 Continue reading “Annual Review”
A critique of the “silo system” that happens by default and a call to Great Commission pastoral relationships. In churches over 250, pastoral staff often embrace their major assignment only, care for that silo effectively, become administrators of their major area, check on pastoral care on their assigned days, and maybe disciple a few. Continue reading “Effective Pastoral Connections In the Larger Church”
Thoughts on who and how many should report to the president or CEO of a ministry or senior pastor of a church. Based on 43 years of experience, reading, coaching others, and trends
1. Every organization should have a reporting flowchart that shows towhom everyone reports, and all directions flow upward to the senior (and no one else, except for possible dotted lines for communication). Continue reading “The Senior Leader’s “Reports” and “Cabinet””