For staff or board, some guideline questions to assess and improve
Do new people come, and what gets them there?
How can we help to attract them?
How do we invite our people to invite thei8r friends? Or, first, to have friends who do not go to church? Continue reading “Ways to Evaluate Your Church”
ABFs and Home ABFs
Bible study1 in “community”2
with care3 and ministry4
Good teacher, true Bible exposition, clear application
Friendships, grace mood, time — 8 to 90
Special needs, illness, assigned responsibility — up to 4 or 5 families per person to care for Continue reading “Small and Medium Groups Are Both Huge! (where “one another’s) happen in a church”
I. Bible and prayer – Pastor
II. Board Business
A. Foundations: Statement of Faith, Constitution, Restoration-Discipline
B. Resources: Budget, Finances, Building expansion, Property
1. Finance Team Report Continue reading “Board Agenda”
Why do we make it hard
- Because it is. We learned very little about it in school, and very few of us had strong leaders who deliberately built skills and desires into our lives. And we do not get much time to travel together like Paul did with Timothy or Titus.
- We use books too much. A lot of them make it complicated.
- Maybe we should just have two subjects to impart: character and church. CE National has discussion guides from Bible verses on these two subjects, by the way.
- We forget it is just TLC – time with men in a group of 4 to 6 others, Love shown and said, and Content of the scripture that hits the heart.
- We do not ask ourselves and all staff to lead a group of 4 to 6 others to develop in character strength and church leadership.
Continue reading “Leadership Development”
A good way to delineate the decisions that belong
to the members, the main board, and the pastoral staff
1. Call Senior Pastor
2. Call of main board
3. Change in constitution/bylaws
5. Sale or purchase property Continue reading “Church Responsibilities”
Notes on The Soccer Field Model for the Board-Download
The board is responsible for setting and guarding the boundaries, so this is a board ” job description” for them! The pastor and staff are responsible to “play” or serve on the field, within the boundaries, and with as many volunteers as possible, so this is a staff “job description” also. Hopefully the picture makes it clear. Continue reading “Notes on The Soccer Field Model for the Board”
The four major divisions – with a point person for each.
Staff may work in all four areas! Surely most will have an assignment in program and probably one in outreach.
Each ministry should have a “point person” on staff and a Ministry Manager, a volunteer, for each program under that. Continue reading “Church Ministries”
Love in the church, as led by staff
We all know it is “the greatest,” and that love covers a multitude of mistakes; but also that it is not easy.
Love is righteous action to meet the needs of another,
“The greatest of these is …”
This is the way God said it –true also for the church. No debate, Continue reading “Love In The Church”