- It is not good to receive the call to an established church with an agenda to change the church drastically, unless that has been agreed upon.
- It is not good to try to change a church just because of your personal desire.
- Sometimes leaders become unaware of how people are reacting to their leadership decisions, because they are isolated/insulated, or because people are not honest with them.
- We must honor what others have done in the past, not act as if previous ministries do not matter.
- Just because it has been done or exists as an attitude does not mean it was or is good in God’s opinion.
- The same church that understood the missional reasons to do things a certain way in the past can understand the missional reasons not to do things a different way.